As well as celebrating the Year of Young People, the event will showcase school-employer engagement activities in the area through launching the publication 'Work Placements and Work Inspiration Activity in Secondary Schools'.
Employer support in helping young people into the workplace will be celebrated, and recognised formally, via certificates and trophies.
Delegates will have the opportunity to network, hear presentations from young people, visit information stalls and learn how West Lothian Council Education Services are working together with schools and employers to ensure that young people are prepared for the world of work.
There are a number of advantages for businesses who engage as supporters including:
- Enhancing your company's image and reputation in the local community.
- Contributing towards your company's Corporate Social Responsibility policy.
- Making your company more attractive to potential recruits.
- Motivating and developing your staff.
- Benefiting from new perspectives that young people could bring to your business.
- Creating a source of media stories for your company to increase its profile - locally and in the trade press.
The Big Business Breakfast will take place on Friday 11 May from 0800 - 0930 at Howden Park Centre, Livingston.
Please note that booking is essential, as places are limited.
In order to reserve a place at this event please contact email@example.com by Friday 4th May.