Communities across West Lothian have celebration events planned to bring people together and have fun over the next month.
Here's a list of some of the larger events taking place:
Saturday 30 November
- Linlithgow Advent Fayre takes place from 10am across a number of locations in the town centre including the Burgh Halls, Cross and High Street, Vennel, Old Library, St Michael's and St Peter's churches and the Line Gallery. This includes Christmas gift and farmers markets, entertainment, refreshments and much more.
- Torphichen Christmas Market runs at the Community Education Centre from 1pm to 4pm, featuring artisan stalls, cafe with homebaking and activities for children.
- Both Linlithgow and Winchburgh have torchlight procession taking place on Saturday 30 November. The Linlithgow parade leaves Lowport Primary from 5pm, with Winchburgh's leaving Craigton Park Community Centre from 4.15pm.
- Strathbrock Church in Uphall host their Countdown to Christmas event in the church hall from 10am to 1pm, which includes breakfast with Santa, stall and café.
Sunday 1 December
- Pumpherston Christmas Torchlight event takes place from 6pm to 7:15pm at Pumpherston Juniors car park, followed by the Christmas tree light switch-on at 7:30pm in the bus turning circle. Entertainment includes a fire display, music from Uphall Station Pipe Band, Inverclyde Brass Band and a visit from The Snow Queen, Jack Frost and Santa, with refreshment and treats available.
- Kirknewton torchlight processionn takes place from 4.45pm at Meadowbank Road.
Friday 6 December
- Armadale Christmas Fair takes place from 6-9pm at Armadale Partnership Centre, North Street.
Saturday 7 December
Small Business Saturday takes place on Saturday 7 December, where people are encouraged to go and support small local businesses in their communitiesBathgate, Broxburn and Uphall, Whitburn Mid Calder and Westfield are also hosting community events this day.
- Bathgate's event sees music and street entertainment taking place in the town from 1pm to 5pm, starting with the Santa parade from Balbardie Primary to George Street. There will be the chance to visit Santa in his grotto from 1.30pm to 3.45pm, with a torchlight parade leaving George Street from 4pm and the carol service and christmas tree lights switch-on from 4.30pm.
- Broxburn and Uphall events start with the Uphall South Church Christmas Coffee morning from 10.30am to 12noon.
Xcite Broxburn are hosting activities from 11am, including a Christmas Fayre and Young Enterprise Market for people between 7-18 to try out a new business ideas and sell creative products.
They will also Santa's Grotto at a charge of £2 per child, which includes a gift from Santa, face painting and balloon modelling. Santa will also arrive at the Old Broxburn Library at 4.15pm for the Broxburn Christmas Carol Service and Christmas Tree Lights switch on at around 4:30pm.
The busy day finishes at Uphall Community Centre from 5:15pm there will be a visit from Santa, family activities, and a Carol Service , with refreshments served following the Christmas lights switch-on at nearby School Place around 5.30pm.
- Whitburn's Christmas Cracker sees a number of activities such as funfair, Christmas market, children's entertainers, live entertainment taking place in the Community Education Centre from 12noon to 6pm. This includes a Santa Parade to Brucefield Church for the 5pm for the switch-on of the new Christmas tree.
- Mid Calder's torchlight procession leaves the Kirk of Calder from 6.30pm.
- Westfield Christmas Fair takes place from 12noon to 4pm in Westfield Primary School.
Saturday 8 December
- The Stoneyburn and Bents Future Group have organised a Santa Parade, which leaves Foulshiels Park at 4pm.
Saturday 15 December
- West Calder and Harburn Community Development Trust's Santa Parade leaves Parkhead Primary School from 4pm.
- Blackburn Santa Parade meets at Blackburn Partnership Centre at 6.30pm.
Wednesday 18 December
- Participants in the Fauldhouse Santa Parade are asked to register from 5pm at Fauldhouse Partnership Centre.
Sunday 22 December
- The annual carol singing and Fireworks show takes place in Bathgate's Kirkton Park from 5pm.
Tuesday 24 December
- The Kirknewton Torchlight Procession takes place at 10pm from Meadowbank Road.