The campaign aims to provide every adult who accesses a Foodbank in West Lothian over the festive period with a goodie bag filled with toiletries.
We are focusing on the basics this year and would appreciate unisex donations of:
- Shampoo & conditioner
- Toothbrushes & toothpaste
- Shower gel & soap
- Toilet rolls
All donations are gratefully appreciated and can be handed in at the following locations:
- Bathgate Partnership Centre
- Armadale Partnership Centre
- Blackburn Partnership Centre
- Whitburn Library
- Strathbrock Partnership Centre (library)
- Linlithgow Partnership Centre (library)
- Forestbank Community Centre (Ladywell)
- Livingston Station Community Centre (Deans)
- Livingston North Partnership Centre (Carmondean)
- Crofthead Farm (Dedridge)
- Mosswood Community Centre (Knightsridge)
- Almondbank Library (Craigshill)
- Polbeth HUB
- West Calder HUB
A West Lothian Council spokesperson said: "West Lothian Council is continuing to work with community planning partners to support the incredible efforts of all involved in the West Lothian Food Network who are working tirelessly to ensure the most vulnerable in our communities have access to essential items this winter.
If you have anything at home that you think could be of use to the Festive Essentials campaign then please take it along to one of the many locations which are accepting donations."
If anyone has any money worries the Advice Shop can help by completing a Benefit Health Check and looking at ways income can be maximised as well as providing Debt and Energy Advice phone 01506 283000 or visit Advice Shop at www.westlothian.gov.uk/article/31076/Advice-Shop
You can also visit our Cost of Living dedicated support page on www.westlothian.gov.uk/costofliving for more information and support on help with the rising costs of living.