24 March
WLC Logo Placeholder image

Applications and payments are no longer accepted at council payment offices or other council buildings.

This covers applications and payments for the following licenses:

  • Alcohol licences
  • Gambling licences
  • Hire car licences
  • HMO licences
  • Various types of civic government licences e.g. street traders, public entertainment etc 

Customers can access application forms and relevant information on all types of licences administered by the West Lothian Council Licensing Team via the licensing section of the West Lothian Council website: https://www.westlothian.gov.uk/licensing

Only the most up to date version of the application forms can be accepted and customers should use the council's website to access these and the guidance notes which provide details of how to lodge applications.

Customers are encouraged to email applications as this is the quickest way to lodge them. The best way to contact the Licensing Team is by emailing licensingservices@westlothian.gov.uk

Alternatively, applications can be posted to the address detailed in the guidance notes.

Once an application is checked and is complete for processing, a link will be sent to allow customers to pay the required fee (if applicable).

Please note payments cannot be made using the "pay for it" function on the council website.